Gastroenterology Office in Williamsburg, VA
* Due to the shortage of specialists, TPMG Gastroenterology – Williamsburg is unable to accept appointments for transfer of care patients who have been seen by other Gastroenterologists within the last year, or patients needing second opinions. We apologize for any inconvenince this may cause. Thank you for your understanding.*
Welcome to TPMG Gastroenterology – Williamsburg, the practice of board certified Gastroenterologist, Frances J. Jones, MD, FACG.
Dr. Jones joined TPMG in 2019 after 20 years of dedicated service in the United States Air Force, during which time she gained extensive experience in the field of Gastroenterology. She is board certified in Gastroenterology by the American Board of Internal Medicine and is a Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology (FACG).
Dr. Jones specializes in the evaluation, diagnosis, and management of all aspects of gastrointestinal and liver diseases. She has extensive experience treating patients with the following gastrointestinal diseases, disorders, and symptoms:
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Cancer Screening and Prevention
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Large Polyp Removal
- Specialized training in:
- Gastrointestinal Motility
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis, and
- Polypectomy – removal of polyps inside the colon that may be detected during a colon cancer screening
Procedures including colonoscopies, polypectomy, esophageal manometery, 24 hour ph/impedence for diagnosis of acid reflux, among others are completed in the TPMG Williamsburg Procedure Suite, a fully accredited outpatient surgical facility, adjacent to the medical building where Dr. Jones’ office is located.
Dr. Jones and her staff look forward to welcoming you and providing exceptional care at an in-person visit in the office or through a virtual telemedicine visit.
Frequently Asked Questions for Patients
In the News
Physician Profile: Frances J. Jones, MD, FACG
*The American Cancer Society’s newest guidelines recommend that colorectal cancer screenings begin at age 45.*