No matter how you prepare them, chia seeds make an excellent addition to many of your favorite dishes. Consider adding chia seeds to your diet and experience the nutritional benefits for yourself.
Weight Loss Programs
Everyone needs a goal and positive reasons to achieve that goal. Even losing a few pounds can provide you with cardiovascular benefits, so every step in the right direction is a step toward healthier living. Consider these reasons to work toward maintaining a healthy weight. When your weight is in a healthy range:
– Your body more efficiently circulates blood.
– Your fluid levels are more easily managed.
– You are less likely to develop diabetes, heart disease, certain cancers and sleep apnea.
Obesity is defined simply as too much body fat. Your body is made up of water, fat, protein, carbohydrate and various vitamins and minerals. If you have too much fat — especially around your waist — you’re at higher risk for health problems, including high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol and diabetes. Being obese can:
– Raise blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
– Lower “good” HDL cholesterol. HDL cholesterol is linked with lower heart disease and stroke risk, so low LDL tends to raise the risk.
– Increase blood pressure.
– Induce diabetes. In some people, diabetes makes other risk factors much worse. The danger of heart attack is especially high for these people.
Obesity increases the risk for heart disease and stroke. But it harms more than just the heart and blood vessel system. It’s also a major cause of gallstones, osteoarthritis and respiratory problems. Work with your doctor to lose weight. Every adult should have his or her BMI calculated at least once a year. The American Heart Association offers an online BMI calculator for adults. Patients with a BMI of 30 or higher are considered obese and need treatment.
Make an Appointment
Contact Your Provider
Pay Your Bill
Insurance & Billing
Our Weight Loss Program Specialist
Our Weight Loss Programs Location
Learn about what to bring, what to expect, condition concerns, and specialty referrals
About the Patient Portal
Cancellations & Rescheduling
After Hours Medical Care
Learn what to do if you experience a sudden illness or injury during or after regular medical office hours