1) Four Areas of Care
With four areas of care – foot and ankle, hand, spine care, and sports medicine – patients can receive treatment no matter their orthopedic condition.
We currently house orthopedic practices in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Newport News, Williamsburg, and Gloucester.
3) Trained Specialists
Our orthopedic specialists are highly skilled and trained. After completing four years of study in medical school, orthopedic specialists must complete five years of training in orthopedic residency. After residency, they have the option of completing one or two years of fellowship in a specialized area such as foot and ankle surgery, hand surgery, spine care, and sports medicine to name a few. To become board certified, they must pass exams administered by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS).
4) Surgical and Non-Surgical Treatment Options
The TPMG Orthopedic division offers surgical and non-surgical and surgical care treatment of the musculoskeletal system.
Nonsurgical Treatment Options:
• Foot and Ankle Surgery: Casting, bracing, physical therapy, injections, and non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory medications
• Hand Surgery: Medications, splints, injections, and hand therapy
• Spine Care: In-office injections, non-narcotic medication, bracing, physical therapy, chiropractic care, dry needling, and acupuncture
• Sports Medicine: interventional spine injections and Osteopathic Manipulation Treatment (OMT)
Surgical Treatment Options:
• Foot and Ankle Surgery: Total ankle joint replacement, ankle arthroscopy, fusion, and limb salvage procedures
• Hand Surgery: Reconstructive surgery, trauma surgery, and fasciectomy surgery.
• Spine Care: Open and minimally invasive surgery, robotic surgery, decompression, spinal fusion, and 360 spine surgery
• Sports Medicine: Tendon surgery, cartilage restoration, rotator cuff tear repair, and meniscal repairs
5) Comprehensive Spine Center (CSC) Care
TPMG orthopedic specialists – Jeffrey Moore, MD, Lara Quinlan, MD, Shane McGowan, MD, and Michael Potter – have partnered with pain medicine specialists – Christopher Dawson, MD and Mark Newman, DO – to form the TPMG Comprehensive Spine Center (CSC). The CSC offers the most advanced treatment in pain management, physical rehabilitation, and surgical interventions.