Interventional Pain Treatment Specialist
Specialties and Services:
- Newport News, VA (Interventional Pain Treatment Center)
“Be Worthy to Serve the Suffering”
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
Accepting New Patients
- Not accepting Medicaid Primary, closed to Optima Family Care, open to HealthKeepers Plus.
Enhance function and decrease the need for pain medication through interventional procedures.
- Interventional Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Interventional Pain Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Surgery, University of Virginia
- West Virginia University
- College of William & Mary
Dr. Dawson is not accepting patients whose sole desire is an opioid refill.
Our office uses the Virginia Prescription Drug Monitoring Program in order to monitor and reduce the risk of prescription drug misuse. Patients showing misuse of medication(s) or attempts of refills by numerous physicians will be discharged from our practice.
At TPMG Interventional Pain Treatment Center, Dr. Christopher Dawson offers minimally invasive, non-surgical spine procedures for treatment of back pain, neck pain and sciatica.
Dr. Dawson is a graduate of the College of William and Mary, where he played football for Coach Jimmye Laycock.
Expect enhanced function, no down time and no restrictions after your procedure.
Unlike pain management, Dr. Dawson’s interventional pain treatment practice limits the use of opioids. Instead, Dr. Dawson focuses on improving your quality of life and function through state-of-the-art interventional pain procedures.
Avoid the problematic side effects of opioids: constipation, confusion, sedation and addiction.
Dr. Dawson enjoys teaching and mentoring in the Hampton Roads community, and is actively involved in William and Mary Athletics and Dream Catchers Therapeutic Riding.
Start living the life you have dreamed about at your highest level of function.
Call and schedule your appointment with Dr. Dawson today!
LESS PAIN. MORE OPTIONS.
TPMG welcomed Christopher A. Dawson, MD on August 8, 2016. Dr. Dawson is currently accepting new patients and referrals. Please contact the office to reserve your appointment.
Specializing in: Back Pain ⋅ Neck Pain ⋅ Sciatica
- Back Pain
- Bulging Disc
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Joint Pain (Knee, Shoulder, Hip)
- Neck Pain
- Pinched Nerves
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Spinal Stenosis
- Tendonitis (Knee, Shoulder, Elbow)
- Facet Joint Block
- Genicular Nerve Block
- Injections (Knee, Shoulder, Hip)
- Medial Branch Block
- Platelet-Rich Plasma/Stem Cell Therapy
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Sacroiliac Joint Injection
- Selective Nerve Root Block
- Spinal Cord Stimulator
- Trigger Point Injection
Special Interests and Volunteer Work:
- National speaker, “Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction”
- Dream Catchers of Williamsburg
- United Athletics
- College of William & Mary Athletics
- “I had been suffering with sciatic for over two years. Nothing had helped. On January 16, 2017, Dr. Dawson gave me a spinal injection and I have had no pain in my leg since. He cured my sciatica!” ~Charlotte
- “When I came to Dr. Dawson, I had hip pain for over a year, which was very severe and limited my daily activities. Even getting out of bed was hard, but after Dr. Dawson gave me a hip injection, my pain level went from 10 to zero. I can get up now out of bed easily without pain, and now I feel like dancing.” ~Regina
- “Dealing with TPMG has been a blessing. Dr. Dawson and his staff are great to work with. Having back pain for over 10 years, I was at my breaking point. Always in pain from sunrise to sunset. Pain pills were my diet. After speaking with Dr. Dawson about lower lumbar ablation, I felt that was an option for me. Once the procedure was done, about 30 days later, I felt like a new person. Quality of life has gotten better. I would highly recommend this procedure. It has changed my life!” ~Jim
- One week later – from 100% all the time pain to about 25%. One month later – Zero pain. I can now move about freely. There is no longer pain with everything I do. It is now as it once was, painless. I’m a happy camper thanks to Dr. Dawson.” ~William
- “I have suffered from scoliosis and degenerate disc, was taking pain meds and it didn’t seem to get better. I started seeing Dr. Dawson and he did an injection and my pain level has completely decreased and I’m able to enjoy life again without pain medicine.” ~Mary
- “The second epidural really made a big difference. I’d say my pain was decreased by 90%. I’m a lot more rested. I just go to sleep now. The tingling in my feet is not nearly as prominent.” ~Deneice
- “Since visiting Dr. Dawson for my back injection, my left leg sciatica nerve pain has decreased tremendously.” ~Clifford
- “My treatment at Interventional Pain Treatment Center was very good and helpful with my back pain. I can’t say enough about it. Recommend it to any and every one.” ~Damion
Awards and Recognitions:
- 2017 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Docs”