Patient Education and Resources
Patient education and quick access to resources is an integral part of each person’s treatment at TPMG. We encourage patients to take an active role in decisions regarding their care and the care of their family.
To promote informed health care decisions, we offer a wide variety of health related educational material, as well as access to outside resources. Patients are encouraged to ask questions about their diagnosis, treatment, medications and any supportive care that may be required.
Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
Laboratory Patient Safety Tips
- What is Fasting? Does it really matter?
- Blood Specimen Collection (Venipuncture)
- Glucose Tolerance Test (3 Hour or Gestational)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology — http://www.geteyesmart.org/eyesmart/ (TPMG Ophthalmology)
- American Lung Association — Supports smoking cessation for health benefits. http://lung.org/ (Submitted by a loyal patient)
- Family Doctor — Health information for the whole family. www.familydoctor.org (TPMG West Point Family Medicine)
- Mayo Clinic — Clinical experts provide current medical information and news on health topics. www.mayoclinic.com (TPMG West Point Family Medicine)
- MedlinePlus — Trusted Health Information for You. A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health (NIH). www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus (TPMG Atlantic Coast Family Medicine)
- QuitDay.org — Two informative references on how to stop smoking and benefits to eye health. These sites target smokers who are trying to quit, and their Facebook page boosts over 20,000 support group members. Please visit https://quitsmokingcommunity.org/ and https://quitday.org/support/vision-health/ (Submitted by a loyal patient)
- WebMD — Better Information. Better Health: The leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical news and information. http://www.webmd.com/ (TPMG Atlantic Coast Family Medicine)